Good morning. This site was originally intended to become some sort of e-zine with paid subscriptions. It would hold both trivial and useful information, as well as discussions intended to clarify some of the issues that come up in the news. But then I realized that if I charge for entry, no one will enter; and that if I’m not willing or able to write all of the pieces I want to include here, other people probably won’t be either. So instead it remains a repository of things I’ve already written. Some of this is information I thought should be available on the Internet, that I couldn’t (at the time) find anywhere else. The rest is just for fun.
- langs/: The Conlang Wing
- beast.htm: An Inquiry into Diabolic Nomenclature
- langsusa.htm: Languages of the United States of America
- celt.htm: “Selt” or “Kelt”?
- egypt.htm: On the names of the Egyptian gods and months
- gene/: The Genealogy Wing
- doebeli.htm: Descendants of Verena Baumann and Johannes Döbeli
- gilomen.htm: Descendants of Anna Zimmermann and Niklaus Gilomen
- steele.htm: Descendants of Sarah Kirkpatrick and Samuel Steele
- hirni.htm: Descendants of Christian Hirni
- proctor.htm: Notes on the Proctor Family
- perseus.htm: Descendants of Perseus and Andromede
- swiss.htm: Notes on Swiss Genealogy for Americans
Silliness You Can Look At With Eyes
Experiments in Food and Drink